Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Response to Goldberg Reading

     Go Further really caught my eye because it reminds me if myself at the moment.  I am the type of person that knows exactly what I want to write most times but sometimes it doesn't have enough detail.  I find it tough to really reach that next level of detail but the sentence "Well, the tenth minute is up... Write to the eleventh minute if you need to." This sentence truly made me think of going the extra mile even when I write.
     I felt the same way about my writing as it is said in 'Go Further' because it says when you stop yourself from going all the way in your writing its almost like carrying a nightmare out into your life with you.  It's almost as though you are holding yourself back and that is what I feel I've been doing in terms of my writing. In writing, it is important to be specific and detailed and if you aren't it is as if you leave yourself and the reader out to dry, which is one thing I do not want to do with my writing.
     This section of the reading was the main one that really hit home in terms of my own writing. I liked the others but this one truly touched on who I was as a writer so I appreciated it. Think about this. If you we're reading and the author left you out to dry and was not very detailed, you would not want to read many more of their work because there is no detail to help explain how you want the reader to interpret the reading.

2 comments:

  1. ok, also you should respond to the fiction packets. Is this your only blog? Are these all the posts you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have to send you the other two I have because they were on my tumblr but my tumblr got deleted.

    ReplyDelete